Thursday, August 7, 2008

Forget Laundry! The Fair's in Town!

Last night we went to the Ohio State Fair! Here's Junior Trooper (see the badge??) Elliott on horseback. Alright, it was a pony. And it was walking in a small circular path of sawdust. But it was kind of like he was patroling the fairgrounds. Kind of.


Product Placement Patrick here was too little for such a big assignment, so he hung out in the stroller.


Here's Elliott (the pale one with some unknown tan kid), screaming his head off on the giant bee ride. Tan Kid was apparently unimpressed.


Wow! I get to ride the stroller?? It's my favorite!


No tickets required to get drenched in the fairground sprinklers. (Megan, where does this sewer water come from?? Don't think about it, don't think about it...)


Ah, ice cream from the dairy barn! (Butter cow photos unavailable at press time.) Here's take 1 of Patrick nursing our shared ice cream cone like it was a bottle. If we alternated licks, he'd cry out each time I lifted the cone toward my mouth. It was impossible to tell if he was yelling, "Ma!" or "MINE!" but I'm guessing it was the latter.


That dreamy, drugged, I-looooooove-this-cone look

Happy as a clam with a strawberry ice cream cone


If you didn't know, clams love to wear ice cream as much as they love to eat it!
I laughed so hard at my two boys making love to their ice cream cones. As Pete was snapping these photos, I looked around and realized everyone at the surrounding benches was enjoying the messy show, too. What performers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sewer water = a bath for the evening. Weren't you impressed by the size of the butter cow?!
-Megan

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Your boys are so cute. Maybe next year we will see each other. :)

Jill said...

These pictures are perfect! I'm glad they were able to all enjoy the fair! I could use some of that ice cream right about now! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I loved every single shot--it's so great to feel a part of my little grandsons' lives on such happy jaunts. The park looks incredible (read: shaded!)and so did the fair. It's such a joy to see them even on a blog, and his loving parents too.
Great work on the captions, too, Whitney. No wonder this blog is becoming world-famous!