Friday, August 7, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

So, this is an experiment. I decided I was reducing my photo sizes too much, so click on any one of these and tell me if you notice much of a difference. Better? Did it take longer to load the blog? Thanks in advance for your input!

Okay, so I snapped a few photos of the boys in recent days that I felt compelled to share. ...The photos and the stories...


I call this one "Joy on a Swing." Elliott was hanging by his tummy on the swing, and my job was to grab his hands, pull and then let go. (All this AND take photos! Amazing!)


We were playing in the backyard with our neighbor friends a couple of days ago when we heard a plane overhead. We could hear it, but we couldn't see it. Elliott offered this gem: "Maybe it was the sun's tummy grumbling! ...Or..., maybe it was a plane."


Go ahead and try to tell me this photo doesn't make you smile. Just try.


If only he could be more expressive..., ya know?


Yesterday, we were again outside (on the deck this time), when Patrick turned to me and asked, "Where's Elliott?" "He went inside to go potty," I said. I don't know if that answer satisfied him or not, but he ran to the closed French doors and screamed as loud as he could, "YOU OKAY, SWEETIE?"

Dang, these boys are cute.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I say the same thing to Sean when he goes potty too. You can never be so sure unless you ask?!?!

orahoods said...

haha...adorable:) they certainly are cute and we need to get all the "american" boys together sometime this fall!

Anonymous said...

I can't stand them. SOOO CUTE! I miss them..... hint, hint... maybe an evening out after school starts, once I get situated, with free babysitting?
Hope all is well!
Jamie

Alison said...

So cute. Amazing photos, as usual! And it didn't load slowly at all either