Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our Son, Chandler Bing

Seriously, I swear Catch-Up posts 1-47 are coming really soon ... But today, OH! today! The school pictures came! And oh. my. God. Our son is Chandler Bing!!!

Just in case Friends wasn't at the top of your TV-viewing list, there was an episode where Monica and Chandler had an engagement photo session. Chandler had a tough time looking, uh, relaxed:


Now, after Elliott came home from School Picture Day in late-September, I asked him how he smiled. He dutifully recreated his pose, and I thought, Oh no. It's Chandler!

Today, confirmation came in a big envelope:


But wait! It gets BETTER.

There was a class photo, too.

(This has already made me laugh so many times today!! I can hardly keep it together while I type!)

Somewhere between two normal, adorable boys ... is our son ... Chandler Bing ... making a face I've never even seen before. WHAT is this?!?!


Just in case we never want this kid to have a date ... or a friend ..., we have all the ammunition we need.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, i thought it was a bit of a stretch with the first photo, but YIKES! the second one is scary-like m. perry! it's prob'ly a good thing; keep the girls away for a little while, y'know?
with big hugs, elliott's nonna (and sweet p.'s too!)

orahoods said...

oh my gosh...i can't stop laughing. that is too too funny! Aww, Elliott!

Jill said...

This has got to be the FUNNIEST thing you have EVER posted on your blog! I'm dying over here!

Could I get a copy of that to put up in our living room?

Whitney said...

I know, I know. It's sad funny. I laughed so hard I cried! Mom, I know he's your grandson, but it's not any kind of a stretch. He squinted his eyes and showed his nostrils/all of his teeth. THAT, to him, is smiling! Jill, I'll get you a copy ASAP!

Jeff and Susan Langner said...

Wow - that's awesome! I love that you dug up the actual photo from Friends, too. Your blog always cracks me up. I think I have blog envy!

Megan Lloyd said...

What I really want to see is the Whitney Parker version of this. I mean, he is her son. It has to be out there. MaryAnn?

Cassidy Dawn said...

Haha! I don't remember this face at our photo shoot...maybe I should proof it soon, just so we know ;)

Anonymous said...

Love this blog!! Bring F.R.I.E.N.D.S back!!

Anonymous said...

F.R.I.E.N.D.S on tbs Sunday febuary 10 2013 at 7:00am-3:30pm et cougar town at 9:00am-9:30am just trying to help tbs advertise!!

Anonymous said...

I love friends is SOOOOOOOOO funny!!!!!!!!!!!