Thursday, September 5, 2013

Itty bitty baby

James is worried.
 
He's heard about the prevailing parental "wisdom" that says it's unhealthy to compare kids.
 
Here's the thing: He just wants to save you the trouble.
 
Spoiler alert! My baby's bigger than your baby!  :P
 
We went to the pediatrician today, and well, you know how this is gonna go. James is a handful of days into his 15th month and he weighs nearly 30 pounds. I mean, ho-lee mother of giant babies! (That's me!) Twenty-nine pounds, four ounces. That's nearly two pounds for every month of life. (By that weight rate, I should be a svelte 814 pounds. Back to the kitchen I go!)
 
The silly nurse tried to say he was 32.5 inches long, but as the doc said, "I don't think he's shrinking." (He was 33 inches at the one-year check-up.)
 
If you're tracking his stats at home, he's been off the top of the growth charts since his ninth month. So, basically, I don't know what set of curves you've been marking.
 
Oh, and if you thought I'd have walking news with this post, you're gonna hafta wait a little longer. Coordinating the limbs of a giant in an upright manner is actually an engineering feat we've yet to master.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you imagine that by adding hilarity in your ever-amusing monologues that it somehow negates the adorable factor of the photo of this beautiful child. (Read: heart-rending for this beholder!) But perhaps by the time I can hold him in my arms again, he'll be able to hop onto my lap...just precious.