Friday, November 6, 2015

Law-abiding citizens (for the most part)

With only a thin veil (named "Halloween costumes"), there's been serious concern about Patrick's life of crime.

Need I remind you of the eight-year-old's thug life?
Phew! Chilling! Especially with the mock turtleneck for warmth.
 
Anyway, I want you to know it was all an act. My boy is still following all rules and regulations, as far as we can tell. I mean, look. Can you spy him in this shot from a recent third grade field trip to city hall?
 
Might this photo help? Yes! There he is! It's Chief of Police Patrick, whose first order of business is to arrest that incompetent twerp measuring for uniforms and accessories.
 
Don't you love it? Patrick played the cop in the mock city council meeting, but really should've been allowed to bring the hat home. At least we have photographic proof!
 
Not to be outdone--because he's Elliott and shall never be outdone!--Elliott got to tour the Ohio Statehouse and Supreme Court of Ohio. He and a small group of trouble-makers got to hear arguments in a real case, participate in their own mock trial and wine-and-dine (or lunch) with Senator Jim Hughes (pictured below and to the left). See Elliott with his I-don't-NEED-to-tuck-in-my-shirt-unless it's-the-U.S.-Supreme-Court outfit??
 
 
Unkempt appearances aside, I hope you'll believe these Scully boys are on the straight-and-narrow. JAMES, on the other hand...
 
 
James has developed an unhealthy--and dare I say criminal?--relationship with the Halloween candy bowl. He carefully picks out his two pieces, gobbles them down, then turns to me with his best puppy-dog eyes and says, "I didn't like those. Can I get two more?"

No comments: