Monday, May 12, 2008

Mama's Day Wishes



As I reflect on Mama's Day '08, let me remember, celebrate and honor all the Mamas I know. Let me remember that Mamas come in many forms (full-blown moms, moms-in-law, step-moms, Godmoms, grandmoms and friends with whom I can share a knowing mom nod).

Let me remember Patrick's baby bear hugs and how, after the briefest time apart, he'll frantically crawl toward me, saying "ma" with every foward motion. Let me remember that Elliott sometimes forgets what a big boy he is, still giving hugs "with arms and legs," and how he delights in the two of us singing and dancing to Target's old wedding registry commercial ("I loooove to be with you! I love ya, love ya, love ya, love ya, love ya, love ya, love ya, love ya, love ya, love ya, love ya -- I DO!").

Let me not remember certain events of yesterday, including when neither boy could/would take an afternoon nap, at least partially because tornado sirens alerted us to swirling wind far to our north for about an hour (no damage reported in Ohio). Or when laundering Elliott's pee-pee bedding caused the washing machine to overflow/leak yesterday, causing a sticky lint flood on the laundry room floor.

Nope. Let's just remember the good stuff! Happy Mama's Day to all the mamas in our lives!!! I hope you celebrated the holiday you earned.

No comments: