Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Bus & Brotherly Feeding

I get it. I realize not everyone can be happy all the time. (But that the moods would probably be dramatically improved if I would just update this blog regularly!!!)


On the upside, Patrick's walkin' around like an old drunken pro! (Even though I declared success on this topic weeks ago, I was sort of fibbing. He's finally actually preferring to walk. Seriously. What are baby knees made of??? Who could like crawling on this floor?)


In other big news, Elliott had meet-the-teacher day at the school he'll start 9/08/08! Here, Elliott tidies the classroom kitchen with a girl named Lisa. (He told Miss Dayna they were "really good friends" after they exchanged six words. Total.)


Stop my beating heart! My three-year-old will ride a BUS!!! (And he is thrilled beyond words.) If you have concern as I did/still do, I'll tell you it's a little bus, with seat belts, a thoroughly trained driver and an aide. And it's about a five-minute ride. And the kid only cares about school IF it means he can get some kind of guarantee that he'll be on the bus to and from. Wow, they do grow up FAST!)


Just look. He's already the trouble-maker at the back of the bus.


Okay, I realize I'm pretty far from objective on this subject, but dinner tonight was quite possibly the Cutest Moment in All of Parenting. Patrick discovered my fork and was giggling like a fool, trying to use it!


Here comes the airplane...

You may have noticed the plate is completely gone at this point, but they were both so entertained by this little charade! I only wish I had video and sound of the laughter and "good job, Patrick!" from Elliott, who decided he patently hates peas, but thought this was a useful exercise for his little brother.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, on a bus at three! That's crazy! I love the fact that it has seat belts and an aide! That's excellent!!

Way to go Patty on the walking and fork achievements!!! That's fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMM, just measly peas?!I thought you were having a fancy Asian dinner of chicken and broccoli.
-Megan

orahoods said...

Great pictures and stories as usual...that's why your blog is in such high demand, you see.

Good luck at school tomorrow Elliott! Good luck, Mama Whit, with letting him go and not counting the seconds until he comes home!

Way to go Patrick on preferring to walk! I would guess the delayed walking from your boys has something to do with being roughly 5 feet tall when they begin;)

Hearts to you all!