Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some Stuff That Happened

Scully Space has been dormant, and I guess some stuff has happened. First and foremost, Elliott started school again. As is now his tradition, he posed for a first-day, tear-jerker shot. (Brace yourself for the Mini Pete here.)


Really, the kid is THRILLED to be back in school. (It's the same classroom and teacher as last year, so it's been a fairly easy transition.) After the first day, Elliott announced he was the biggest kid in his class (may be true) and that he had to go back "to teach the kids the stuff they didn't know." Please pray for me.


In the non-school hours, we've been living in the animated world of Cars!!! Elliott can recite a healthy (unhealthy? maybe unhealthy) chunk of the script. We read Cars books (and I do awesome voices, thankyouverymuch). We play with Lightning McQueen toy cars and convert our backyard running races into pretend scenes from the movie. By some stroke of magical luck, my dad and step mom got the boys matching cars jackets for their birthdays. They try to keep their cool, but, well, you know ... When you look THIS cool, it's hard to contain.




The girls have been trying to keep things exciting, too. Tragus (the black-and-white one) ate an entire corn cob off the counter, and lived to tell the tale. Actually, neither of them spoke up, so I got to monitor their behavior and stare at them while they pooped to figure out the culprit. (It didn't take long.) It doesn't help that both dogs look guilty as sin all the time.



UPDATE: I couldn't tell you this until I know she wouldn't die, but Tragus also consumed a peach pit yesterday. Is it just me, or are those things really poisonous?!?! Anyway, this dog has 174 lives or something. She threw it up whole this morning.

I think the girls got excited when I was actually trying to take their pictures! Look at them workin' the camera like those 1970s (or were they '80s??) portraits with two head shots in one. Remember those??



2 comments:

Jill said...

I think Pete should have a jacket like theirs. That would be priceless.

And I love that picture of the girls... even if it is 80s style. :)

orahoods said...

Great pictures. The boys are growing up so fast! We need a one day roommate/kiddo extravaganza soon!