Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Starting fresh

You may have noticed small time lapses on this here blog. And you may have read promises of "catch-up posts" with no follow-up. Well, those days are behind me, and I swear I promise to try really hard to be better. Here goes nothin'!
 
First up, Elliott and Patrick were crazy-jazzed to start the school year. Here's Big E (or "Elliott D. Scully," as he now likes to write his name), hitting the ground running in second grade. (And more than a little miffed that there was no homework on night one!) Patrick has started full-day Kindergarten with just a teensy tiny crush on his teacher and a large capacity for learning and repeating every school song. It's going to be a great year!  















Oh yeah. There's also a little matter of a new family member. Mr. James Parker Scully (a.k.a. "Big Jimmy P.") is three months and the size of a small refrigerator. He likes milk, sleep and breaking people's kneecaps. (Just kidding about that last bit, but I'm not trying to make him mad, just in case.)















With the older boys in school, James and I are trying to find our rhythm and, as anyone close to me can attest, I am a Sleep Nazi. (That's similar to the Soup Nazi, but different.) Thanks to my favorite book in the wide, wide world, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, James is pretty reliably taking three naps and sleeps 12 hours at night (7 p.m.-7 a.m., with at least one, usually two, but sometimes three wake-ups). At last check, he was hovering at the very tippy-top of the Normal Baby growth charts.

In other news, I've officially quit working(!) to more fully focus on molding the minds of the next generation. (Turns out we're all in trouble.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made me chuckle more than once as I read about my dear boys. If this is the only place we get to enjoy your literary wit, so be it! And the photos of the little guys are precious. Can't wait to see you all again...btw, how did trade negotiations break down: one cat for three boys--a sweet deal; don't let it get away!