Thursday, October 25, 2012

False teeth--the only solution

You know those commercials that sear into your memory and you marvel at how catchy and creative they were? You set the scene and retell someone, until... Well, shoot. What was it they were trying to get me to buy again? 
 
Clever commercial, yes. Effective advertising? No.
 
At any rate, here's my example of that phenomenon:  
Doggie dentures. You've seen it, right? I guess I'm supposed to buy dog food or bones or K9 toothbrushes or something. I have no idea.
 
BUT it did give me the idea to outfit this guy with a some false teeth-- 
 
My poor little dude spends a good portion of his nights and days, gnawing on whatever fingers he can fit in his mouth, trying like heck to soothe all the tiny stabbings that go along with teething.
 
I don't remember feeling so tortured watching Elliott and Patrick during this rite of passage (sorry, boys! Mom loves you!!), but when James looks at me with his pained and pleading eyes, I just resolve to forgo the whole teething process and buy the kid some dentures instead.
 
Obviously, a set of geriatric false teeth would be far too large for his infant mouth, but small doggie dentures could be just the right size!
 
I, for one (and I didn't sleep A LOT last night...), think it's genius. And the commercial would be awesome.

1 comment:

Jill said...

When you say dentures, I think about that show "Breaking Amish" and the girl who had her teeth ripped out at a young age and only has ever worn dentures. CRUEL.