Monday, October 1, 2012

Star athletes

I'm thinkin' there's a strong chance you spotted a couple of menacing figures on your way to work or school last Friday morn. I thought I should explain.

Silly! That's just Patrick and Elliott, getting their game faces on for the PTA's annual Walk-a-Thon fundraiser! (Despite the enthusiasm and strenuous prep, I'm sorry to report neither boy ran the most laps in his respective grade. Anyway, there were popsicles all around, so it's kinda like they won.)

I know you're already objecting to this stunningly adorable cherub being included under the "star athletes" heading, but... 







...ta-da! Just LOOK! James can hold his bowling ball head up! (He's officially four months and can't quite get all the way through that rollover business without a little help, but this kid came with his own measuring stick. He laughs in the face of "trends" and "normal growth" and "average size.") Three cheers, big man!
Now, this last bit isn't *exactly* related to athletic prowess, but it was just too dang funny to exclude. The other day, big (as in FIVE full YEARS older) brother Patrick "held" baby James. As I snapped a few photos, I remarked to Pete that their heads were--I mean, good God!--almost the same size. Patrick, without hesitation, added, "Yeah. But I'm taller!"
 
A true victory! Gold medals in the Optimism category!

1 comment:

Jill said...

It's like an orange on a toothpick! We have that same problem at our house... He'll grow into it, right?

Love the personality coming out in James! Look at how strong he is!!!