Thursday, January 31, 2013

The stars aligned, angels sang and then this stuff happened

Because I'm a bad mom--and let's just be honest... he's the middle child!--I forgot to take a photo of Patrick with his collection of 100 things for his 100th day of Kindergarten. I'll tell you this much: We tried coffee beans (not impressive enough) and elbow macaroni (too small) before settling on 100 Rotini to commemorate his big day. 

Also, he's kinda mad because they apparently hype up 100 days so much, that he totally thought this was the end of the school year. I know this because he said, in the angriest voice this sweet child could muster, "I THOUGHT you said I was going to celebrate my birthday in school!" 

Me: "I did. And that's still going to happen, Patrick!" 
P: "WHEN??!"
Me: "Do you remember when your birthday is?"
P, slowly: "May... Sixteenth."
Me: "You're STILL going to be in school then!"
P, processing: "But... What grade will I be in??"

So, I punished him by not taking his photo for this post. 

But, James! Oh, James!

Looking at this photo, I can now say without hesitation that I own the cutest baby in the wide world. [Swoon!]

My big fella is eight months today, and I'll just break that down for you because fractions are not exactly your thing. He's two-thirds of a year old! Hol-ee crap.

Anyway, he celebrated in the most meaningful way he could: HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT. For the first time in his entire life! As in 7:30 p.m.-6:30 a.m.!!! Ahhhhhhhh!

Just wait! There's more!

For the first time in his life (a hefty 7.5 years), Elliott finally got a loose tooth!

And then he told us he didn't really have time to wiggle it. So, THIS happened--

See it in there, between his bottom teeth and tongue? That's the adult tooth saying, "Um, hello? I think you're in my seat..."

We learned it's called "shark teeth" and it's not all that uncommon, but everyone seems impressed that 1. He hasn't lost a tooth yet, and 2. If something doesn't happen soon, he's going to have many rows of teeth and "Sharky" will no longer be a temporary nickname.

Pete joked that he was going to brush that baby tooth right out of Elliott's mouth, and well, when the man says he's going to do something... Oh, just see for yourself what happened last night--

Hey, look! No wait time! The replacement is here!

Then, (Good God, I love this child. He is the reason I blog! And also his brothers. But really, the best material comes from Elliott.)

Anyway, then Elliott had to leave a little communique for the Tooth Fairy. And being the just-like-every-other-money-grubbing-kid-on-the-planet, he wrote THIS note--

:)

If you're curious, she left $5 (because it was the monumental first tooth) and a note of apology saying she was too little to carry books. (She's a FAIRY, people. Geesh!)

3 comments:

Jill said...

The 100th day of school is very fun! I remember that and poor Patrick with all of his confusion... I cannot wait for those sorts of conversations!

And books... I love Elliott. Cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

So, what's your basic strategy--to reduce me to a pool of blubbering and wailing. Honestly, there IS a limit to what an adoring old grandma can sustain in between visits! More laughs, as usual, mixed in (a touch of mercy from the author, I s'pose).Hope Patrick's not too traumatized, especially at Mama's glibness. And glad Elliott's tooth finally made it OUT. Sure wish there'd been evidence of an odd-looking pillow that a certain (elderly) person spent a ridiculous amount of time on. If it wound up as a toy for Riley, it's time to 'fess up!

Weekend Cowgirl said...

You do have the cutest baby boy! Loved all the photos! None of ours have ever had the 100th day of school project- cute idea!