Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Should Be Easy Enough

Today, I had an easy two-part plan:
  1. Take adorable photos of the boys for Christmas cards and blog, and
  2. Manage a dual doctor's appointment for both boys with several needles.

Patrick, what do you think? Should be easy enough, right? ... Uh, Patrick?

I mean, look! Here's Elliott the Christmas Elf!



Now, just hold still and say "chee..." Elliott? Elliott, come back here! [dash to the front room]


Patrick, my good boy! Say "cheese..." Patrick! [giggles and drunk runs away from me]



Again, here's the angelic picture in my head perfectly matching reality... as poor Elliott pleads with his brother for cooperation. (Every once in a while, he does try to help me. At least temporarily...)

And see that, you cynic you!? All I have to do is blend in and have them forget I'm there. It's like I'm on safari in my own home, just trying to have someone let me shoot them.



Dr. update:

Shots went as well as could be expected... Elliott said he wanted to go first and "be brave for Patrick," but he looked positively HORRIFIED when the flu shot went in. The look I got was, "I thought we were just pretending!! That actually HURT!!!"

Patrick (at his 18-month-appointment) weighs about a granola bar more than he did at 12 months. He's 25th percentile for weight and 50th for height. Elliott, on the other hand, nearly broke the baby scale -- but I swear I only got him on there with the doctor's permission. He weighs 39 lb., 2 oz. (and the scale tops out at 40!). For those of you marking your growth charts at home, that's 90th percentile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whitney-
You really should write a book! You take such total delight in your family- it's sooo cool. I love you! Especially since you make this bequtiful montage of quips and photos available for us to peak in on your most precious moments.
xo, an adoring grammy