Friday, November 7, 2008

A Update in Threes

For the last week in October, Pete and I happily joined his parents, sister and brother-in-law on a cruise! (Note to cruise participants: Can someone share photos? I think I took ONE.) Anyway, if you believe me without photographic evidence, we:
  • left from Miami (nearly missing the ship, thankyouverymuch!),
  • stopped at a very windy Key West (walked to the southern most point and sampled some beer),
  • drank,
  • ate,
  • went to Cozumel (all-you-can-drink beach and a great place for dinner, where I still can't believe Milton got us gringos in!),
  • drank,
  • ate,
  • kept our liquor and food down through some rough seas,
  • drank,
  • ate
  • and returned to Miami.

It was wonderful! My approaching-sainthood mother and step-dad (Nonna and PopPop to the boys) stayed with the practically independent Elliott and Patrick. (A hearty handshake and a blog post dedicated to your time ought to make us even, right, Mom? ...Mom?)

We changed our flight to get back in the nick of time for trick-or-treat. Overall, it went well. Erik and Emily tried to help, but Patrick was more content to roll around in our neighbors' yards (not kidding), while Elliott ran (and I mean RAN) from house-to-house, not really caring whether or not someone dispensed candy. It was so hectic, we didn't snap a single photo. (Still drunk from the cruise? Maybe.) In my unwavering dedication, though, I dressed the boys up November 1 and forced them to pose for some commemorative photos.

Sadly, Elliott's been suffering from maybe the most pathetic cold in the history of colds. (By the way, I now know "cold and flu season" takes on a whole new meaning when you have a kid starting school... As in "a whole friggin season of nonstop cold and flu.")


Are you SURE you can't smile?



THERE's a brave soldier!



Meanwhile, Patrick was the palest Diego on the block.


Adorable, no?


Side-by-side comparison. (Patrick is on the right.)


Speaking of Patrick, he took advantage of ridiculously warm (low 70s) weather in early November.


Heeeeeeeeyyyyyy, wait a second! This thing makes noise!


That is one proud and entertained one-and-a-half-year-old!

Elliott, still not feeling great, tried to make the most of the front yard leaf situation.


Well, maybe a LITTLE roll around would make me feel better...


Yeah, life is pret-ty good... [cough, cough]


Hey! I've got an idea! Let's see what happens with one tricycle and two boys!


Woopsie! A little off track... (Who sees this going downhill FAST?)


There, there, Patrick. Elliott's just going to sneak in behind you and sit exactly where you were sitting just seconds ago. We're cool, right? It's nice to share!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you get tired of hearing me say Awww they're soo cute?? Any time you want to post a update, I'll be reading it ;)

orahoods said...

Great pictures and entertaining commentary as always! Patrick is so handsome--that smile is going to be a heartbreaker! Thanks for the direction pinpointing the real Diego in the picture of them both...I was struggling:)

We need to get together!

Jill said...

I'm glad you got some Pete & Whitney time! The cruise sounds like a fun time!

The kids look great as always and I love the costumes!!!

Happy Halloween!!!

Lindsay said...

You are incredible. I have been meaning to tell you how awesome I think Elliot's preschool program sounds. I will keep it in mind and look into something similar around here. Love the pictures and all of your story telling! A joy to keep up with. The boys are amazing. Please tell them to call Ruthie when they are 18!

Anonymous said...

Just had a chance to read your always captivating prose about my grandsons--actually, looks like there's been some kinda mix-up, too. I could've sworn I sent that bill out to Iris Trail right after Halloween...But, hey, if I ever decide to offer free babysitting, Elliott and Patrick are at the top of my list!
Can't wait to see you all again, ever so briefly. (It MUST be love to sandwich a 24-hour visit in between two 8.5 hour car drives.)Nonna with hugs