Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The faces of James

Send my regards to the big boys. I've decided to devote all my time and attention to feeding James new foods and documenting his reactions.
 
Can you blame me?
 
I followed rice cereal with one that was a favorite of Elliott and Patrick: oatmeal!
 
Roll it around on your tongue, son. What do you think??
 
[shudders]
 
Hmm! Not your favorite, huh?
 
[shows his I-thought-I-could-expect-more-from-you face]
Fast forward a day or two, and--no joke--THIS is the reaction he NOW gives to oatmeal comin' at him on a spoon!
 
Who ARE you?? I mean, you think you KNOW a kid!
 
Okaaaaaaaay, so let's try a water cup! See what you think of this, big boy!
 
Cool and refreshing, right?
 
The minuscule sip of water slipped out and dribbled down his chin, and James flashed his very bestest how-could-you? eyes. Behold--
 
Good Lord, is this entertaining!!
 
Elliott and Patrick, you'd better seriously step up your game if you want ANY attention at all.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Priceless.

I can hear the joy you're getting from these pictures, this post and his reactions. So funny.

P.S. Do you feed him without a bib for fun? Doesn't that result in more laundry?

P.P.S. I like the way his hair is growing in!

Whitney said...

:) We haven't ventured past the cereal yet, and the amounts are so small at this point. He doesn't have enough material to make a big mess. But yes! It's so exciting to see his hair growing back!

orahoods said...

ha! he is awesome...how in the world are you feeding him and managing the camera?!