Sunday, December 5, 2010

Beds Bunked & Beyond

You've grown accustomed to one measly annual post..., which is why I delight in messing with you and adding to the blog UH-gain!!!

Today was a big day in our house. We (and I mean Pete) BUNKED THE BEDS!!!

(I'll let you judge for yourself if these boys are excited.)

Strict Bunk Bed Police will tell you there should be no stacking of beds until a kid is at least six. Well, THIS kid is about as big as they let any five-and-a-half-year-old be. And he understands the responsibilities that go with a top bunk. I told him Patrick sleeps in a cave, and he's the lookout. He dutifully told me he'd stay awake all night, looking for bears.


I don't quite know how to explain Patrick in this shot, other than to suggest he thought bunk beds were SO cool, he'd better not blow it. Better get to sleep INSTANTLY! (And maybe a brief prayer that Mom and Dad BELIEVE I'm sleeping...)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I steeled myself for another dose of super-cute huggables that are way far away. Hurray for the bunk beds! The boys look SO excited (and, er, prayerful!). Love and hugs--and GREAT work, Pete!