Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, right down Santa Claus Lane

Because we do everything a little late around here (what? Pumpkin- and leaf-removal's supposed to happen before the snow falls?? Hmmph.), we're just getting our tree up now.




The boys were more than a little impatient to move the process along! Without the squabbles ("I get to hang that one!") or little yelps ("Who dumped all the ornament hooks on the rug?"), it's a pretty sweet scene, isn't it?

When these boys drive me batty, please let me remember how cute it was when we they were DYING to help decorate the Christmas tree in 2010. And how having two little boys help decorate seemed like really expensive therapy for my inner control freak. And how little boys decorate like they have blinders on, needing near-constant reminders to not hang all the ornaments in a single spot...



Happy holiday prepping! With our little decorators in bed, it's time to go spread out the ornaments!




3 comments:

Jill said...

This is the moment that I love and hate all in the same second. I read where one of my blog friends have a "mom and dad tree" and a "little boy tree". Now, the little boy tree was all of 3 feet, but still... keeps them away from YOUR tree. :)

Erik, Erin, Malachi, Elliott and Jonas said...

Okay, so I'm returning the favor of blog stalking...and you have me in tears I'm laughing so hard! (I read down to the Chandler Bing post. Hilarious.) P and E are adorable and I'm excited to see them in person next week! Meg told me how much you liked the advent calendar and thanks for the sweet comments. If you're really interested in one just let me know!

orahoods said...

ha! Love the last picture of all the ornaments at the bottom...I, too, have that inner control freak and controlled placement of our ornaments from the beginning. Aaron was having trouble hanging them anyway... I love that they are excited to hang them! Christmas with kids is TOO fun!