Thursday, December 2, 2010

From the mouths of babes


It's been a hectic life lately, but I just couldn't risk forgetting the gems both boys pulled out this morning!



As we made the mad rush to school, we had plenty to see. Patrick detected a couple of kids without coats, so he notified me immediately. Now, I learned long ago that kids love BIG reactions, so I often say things like, "You MUST be joking." or "Are you SERIOUS??"

This morning, Patrick coolly responded with one I'd never heard before: "Serious as a hot dog."

(That's serious!)



We were also playing a little game, thanks to a dusting of snow. I told the boys to look for cars and see if a snow-covering meant they parked in a garage or outside last night. Elliott was totally amused by this game, but started spotting so many that he needed a quicker way to say, "parked outside!"


On the spot, he came up with an acronym and could not understand why I asked him to stop singing, "P.O.S.! P.O.S.!" through our neighborhood.

You'll be swearing under your breath soon enough, son. Soon enough.

2 comments:

orahoods said...

i appreciate the heads up through facebook;) what hilarious boys..and totally adorable pictures!

Anonymous said...

As for Patrick's newly-minted aphorism, all I can say is, thought-provoking. Overall, makes me miss the whole fam!